Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Hello Bloggers!  I finished my mother/daughter in law April 2014 challenge project this weekend with a few personal tweaks of my own and it came out pretty cute.  I made my double pinwheels a size 5" vs. 4.5" which made the finished product a little bigger.  I added buttons to all my double pinwheels and appliqued 2 big stars instead of 1 big and 1 small star, I put smiles instead of frowns on the cats (therefore, I am naming this piece "Happy Cats" and of course I added my signature name on the top left front. I also didn't not follow the pattern instructions of cutting triangles and sewing them back together.  Remember I have a phobia of triangles and found an easier method which worked great for me.  I also used the "Tucker Trimmer" ruler, one of my favorite rulers to help me get the perfect double pinwheels.  If you don't have this ruler you MUST get it!






Below is the back of my cute little "Happy Cats" wall hanging.  
I had this adorable print in my stash and it was purr..fect! All the
fabric used on the front and the binding were scraps from my stash!
Woo hoo, way to use those scraps!




Here is a closeup of my little cat label. I have the accu-quilt machine and the cat die
sew this was purrr...fect!




Here is a closeup of my signature on the front of my art work.  I did this
on my Singer 9970 machine and it is super easy and comes out perfect every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment